We met with district negotiators at the Bureau of Mediation Services today. We have reached a tentative agreement. The district made significant financial moves and dropped controversial language items. The financial package is not all we wanted, however given current economic conditions, our AHEM team believes this is an acceptable offer.
The next step is for the AHEM Executive Board to vote on sending the tentative agreement to the membership for a vote. Our Board will meet on Monday, January 4th at 4:30 pm. A Representative Assembly will follow at 6:00 pm to hear the specifics of the proposal.
Next, members will receive written details in their buildings by Tuesday, January 5th. Members will have a week to consider the proposal. AHEM Negotiators will hold informational meetings on Wednesday, January 6th and Thursday January 7th (specific locations and times to be announced shortly). If approved by the Executive Board and Representative Assembly, a vote will be held on January 11th with absentee balloting on January 12th.
We believe that the work of our members made all the difference in getting an agreement before the January 15th deadline. Your letters, emails, work actions, and support were the most important motivation.
As we have reached a tentative agreement, we are suspending work to rule.
Thank you so much for all of your work and we look forward to sharing the details with you soon!
Sandy, Paul, Vicki, LeMoyne, David, Gary, and Julie