Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bargaining Session #8 - Tuesday, September 27th

We have reached a tentative agreement. Give current economic conditions, our AHEM team believes this is an acceptable offer.

The next step is for the AHEM Executive Board to vote on sending the tentative agreement to the membership for a vote. Our Board will meet on Monday, October 3rd at 4:30 pm. A Representative Assembly will follow at 6:00 pm to hear the specifics of the proposal.

Next, members will receive written details in their buildings by Wednesday, October 5th. Members will have a week to consider the proposal. AHEM Negotiators will hold informational meetings on Thursday, October 6th and Monday, October 10th (specific locations and times to be announced shortly). If approved by the Executive Board and Representative Assembly, a vote will be held on October 12th and 13th (specific locations and times to be announced shortly).

We believe that our ability to come to reach a tentative agreement this early in the year was the result a willingness to come to the table, focus on only the most essential issues, and all the support of our members.

Thank you so much for your support and we look forward to sharing the details with you soon,

Your Negotiators - Paul, LeMoyne, Vicky, Jay, David, Gary, and Julie