Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 8th Update

We working on setting up a meeting with district negotiators the week of September 12 to continue working to settle our contract which expired July 1.  Over the summer, we came to agreement on a number of language items, but still have some to resolve.  We are now focusing on the economic part of the settlement, which is generally the most challenging.  Both the district and our side worked to open with pared down proposals to move more quickly, partly to catch up after the state shutdown delayed financial information by two months. As you would expect, our first offers did not match up.  Now we need to see if we can find a compromise both sides can support.  We’ll keep you posted.

Your Negotiators - Paul, LeMoyne, Vicky, Jay, David, Gary, and Julie